Press Release from Rockwall ISD:
Trey Brooks, Rockwall High School Football Offensive Coordinator, was named the Athletic Coordinator and Head Football Coach at Rockwall High School today.
Brooks has served as an integral part of Rockwall High School’s highly successful football program and staff. When he first began at Rockwall High School, Coach Brooks was the Wide Receivers Coach and later promoted to Offensive Coordinator and Quarterbacks Coach in 2015. Coach Brooks also leads the Physical Education Department and teaches Team Sports. Recently. Coach Brooks was named the 2019 Dave Campbell’s Texas Football Assistant Coach of the Year.
Professionally, he is a member of the Texas High School Coaches Association. Trey Brooks earned a Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Development from Texas A&M University, where he played football for the Aggies.
In addition. Coach Brooks’ teaching and coaching career began in Mesquite ISD at Terry Middle School before joining Dr. John Horn High School. At Dr. John Horn High School, Coach Brooks taught World History and Economics and served as the Wide Receivers Coach and 9th Grade Head Football Coach. His secondary athletic responsibilities there included coaching baseball and basketball. At Horn, Coach Brooks was part of the coaching staff that earned the first playoff win in the school’s history during a 5-year playoff streak.
Trey Brooks’ experiences include:
• Consistently earning a playoff spot every season of his high school coaching career.
• Winning 10 playoff games as the Offensive Coordinator at Rockwall High School. • Reaching the State Semifinals at Rockwall High School for the first time in 32 years.
• Producing an average of 44 points per game as Offensive Coordinator with the most dynamic offense in Texas. • Contributing to 17 total playoff victories at Rockwall High School.
• Accomplishing the first seven-year playoff run in Rockwall High School Football history, including the first playoff victory in 22 years.
• Earning the first playoff win in Mesquite Horn Football history during a 5-year playoff streak.