Rockwall’s Fourth of July celebration will still take place this weekend, but expect it to be somewhat scaled back from years past. Because of COVID-19 concerns, a lot of participants have chosen to opt out of the parade, which starts at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday July 4. The remaining participants have spent a lot of time and effort in preparing their parade entries. There are also other activities to entertain your family and join in the patriotic celebration.
Please note that parking will be limited for the fireworks show on Saturday night, as the private lot will not be available for use. Participants at all events are encouraged to practice personal responsibility and consider if social distancing and wearing a mask is right for them. Please remember, there are a number of locations around the City where people can view fireworks without being in the park. Here’s a list of what’s taking place:
• Friday, July 3, dusk – Fireworks at The Harbor Amphitheater (Lower level show than at Harry Myers Park on Saturday)
• Farmer’s Market on the Square, July 4, 8 a.m.-12 p.m. (as usual) – Downtown Rockwall
• Saturday, July 4, 9:30 a.m. – Fourth of July Parade through Downtown Rockwall (See map)
• Saturday, July 4, 7 p.m. – American Legion Parachute Jump, Live Music on Stage at Harry Myers Park (Limited parking, see map)
• Saturday, July 4, dusk – Fireworks at Harry Myers Park (Limited parking, see map)